Google Panda Google Penguin was introduced to improve the way of ranking websites by rewarding high-quality sites more and penalizing the low-quality sites.
- released on 23 February 2011
- Reward Quality Content
- Penalize contents farms and low quality content sites
- Objective to lower the rank of “low-quality sites” or “thin sites” and push higher-quality sites to the top of the search results.
- drop in rankings for sites containing large amounts of advertising.
- deployed “over-optimization” penalty
- released on 24 April 2012
- Reward quality links.
- Penalize overly optimization websites and paid inbound links from non-relevant sites links
- Objective to decrease search engine rankings of websites that violate Google’s Webmaster Guidelines by using now declared black hat SEO techniques
- keyword stuffing,cloaking
- participating in link schemes
- deliberate creation of duplicate content
- Penalize Scraper Site – is spamming website that copies all the contents from other websites.
What is a Google Penalty
Google penalty is a term that refers to the possible impact on a website’s search engine position ranking negatively based on any updates to Google’s search engine algorithms. The google penalty can be caused by intentional penalization of various Black Hat SEO techniques. Google search algorithms change hundreds of times a year, and a handful of those changes are major.
How to detect Google Penalty?