One of the important SEO Services of the SEO Consultancy Company is to help you measure your speed of your website and advice you on how to improve your website. Speed of your website is one of the crucial factors in determining your google ranking position on the google search engine.
How to measure website’s Page Load Speed
- Use GTMetrix to measure speed of website’s Page Load Speed
- Use Pingdom Website Speed Test – to measure load time of page and analyze it and find bottlenecks.
- Use Google Page Speed Insight – to analyze and measure website
Best Practices of SEO – How to Speedup your Website
Your website may not be loading fast enough. This checklist is for anyone who wants to improve their site’s performance. Fast page load speed makes for happy users. When you reduce the time it takes your website to load your time one site will increase while your bounce rate decreases, you should also notice an improvement in conversions. Faster Website also rank high and better in Google Search Engine.
Below, are some of the common best practices used by SEO consultant. Some of these are rather technical. It is better to engage SEO Services from an reliable and experienced SEO Services Consultancy Company to look into this.
- Make fewer HTTP Requests – Combined files, CSS Sprites, Image Maps, Inline Images
- Avoid Redirects
- Make AJAX Cacheable
- Postload Components
- Reduce the Number of DOM Elements
- Split Components across Domains (according to HTTP/1.1 Specs – browser download no more than 2 downloads to occur in parallel per hostname. Split Components to download from at least 2 or more domain, but not more than 4 hostnames)
- Reduce DNS Lookups (avoid splitting components over more than 4 hostnames)
- Minimize Number of iFranes
- Avoid 404s
- Reduce Cookie Size
- Use Cookie-Free Domains for Components
- Put Stylesheets at Top
- Avoid CSS Expressions
- Choose <link> over @import
- Avoid Filters
- Optimize Images (
- Optimize CSS Sprites
- Do no Scale images in HTML
- Make favicon.ico Small and Cacheable
- Keep Components Under 25Kb
- Pack Components Into a Multipart Document
More Reading – http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html